Members of Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, and the general public, are invited to a special event on Tuesday 15 October, 6pm – 7.30pm at the Winding Wheel, 13 Holywell Street, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 7SA.
This is a free event intended to give an insight into the trust, the services it offers and its staff and governors.
Included will be a special presentation from guest speaker, Dr Edward Komocki, Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry, focussing on dementia.
Dr Komocki’s presentation ‘Shining a Light into the Dark Side – Adventures in Old Age Psychiatry’ will give guests an understanding of dementia and there will also be an opportunity for questions afterwards.
Dementia is a common condition that affects about 800,000 people in the UK. Your risk of developing dementia increases as you get older, and the condition usually occurs in people over the age of 65.
Dementia is a syndrome (a group of related symptoms) associated with an ongoing decline of the brain and its abilities. This includes problems with:
- memory loss
- thinking speed
- mental agility
There will also be a chance to meet some of the trust staff, including the Chief Executive, Steve Trenchard and our governors, who will be there to talk about what their role entails, services and how people can get involved with the trust.
Refreshments will be provided and there is no need to book, however if you would further information please contact Jayne Davies on 01332 623700, ext 33405, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6.00pm – 6.10pm: Welcome refreshments.
- 6.10pm – 6.15pm: Welcome and introduction.
- 6.15pm – 6.30pm: Chief Executive, Steve Trenchard – Introduction to Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and services: our ambition and values.
- 6.30pm – 7pm: Guest speaker, Dr Edward Komocki, presenting ‘Shining a Light into the Dark Side – Adventures in Old Age Psychiatry’, which will include information on the trust’s dementia services.
- 7pm – 7.30pm: Questions and answers. Information about how to become a governor for the Chesterfield public constituencies will also be available.
- 7.30pm: Close.