Following a series of internal quality visits, a judging panel shortlisted 12 teams for our Delivering Excellence Team Awards 2015. The winners were announced on 7 December at a ceremony held in-house at our Centre for Research & Development. The trophies were kindly sponsored by Computershare.
And the results were...
- Finance department – for their outstanding service to our operational staff.
- I.M.&T & Records department – for innovations including the health rostering and the PARIS electronic patient record systems, and the quality of their records management.
- Early Intervention Service North – for their anti-stigma work in schools, discharge audits and for supporting staff to develop.
Patient experience award
Derby City Recovery Teams 1 and 2– for setting up a Connect for Wellbeing group that offers additional support, works within evidence-based practice and operates in a multi-disciplinary way; a 'Managing me' group, to help people cope emotionally; and a psycho-education group led by the consultant psychiatrist for patients, carers and families.
- ECT department, Radbourne Unit– for being well led, for having low numbers of incidents or patient safety issues, excellent infection control and external accreditation, and for achieving excellent standards.
- South Derbyshire Community Learning Disabilities Team– for their goal attainment scaling and their mindfulness training for staff.
Patient safety award
Specialist Behaviour & ADHD Service – for their waiting list management and exceptional leadership, and for being a very proud team pulling in one direction.
- CAMHS Derby City – for developing a single point of access, for tackling social inclusion and for empowering parents.
- Enhanced Care Ward, Radbourne Unit – for their high quality level of supervision, and their focus on physical healthcare and multi-disciplinary working.
Team of the year award
Chesterfield Central Locality Pathfinder and Recovery Team – for their Clozapine clinic, flexible approach to appointments and work with Chesterfield Football Club
- CAMHS Liaison Service at Royal Derby Hospital – for their consistent high quality care, team working and multi-agency working
- Derby City Substance Misuse Service – for their East European clinic harm reduction work, their embedding of Think! Family and their innovative approach to prescribing.
Congratulations to all the shortlisted teams.
Long service awards
At the same ceremony, the Trust honoured staff who have recently completed 40 years' service. Present to collect their awards were:
- Carole Clay, senior nurse
- Clive Moore, maintenance technician.