Referrals are accepted for children aged 0-18 years (19 if in education).
We accept referrals for children with:
- Physical disability – e.g. Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, neuromuscular conditions, oncology, head injury and acquired disabilities.
- Emerging developmental concerns, including a variety of syndromes.
- Motor co-ordination difficulties.
- Sensory processing difficulties appropriate for the parental sensory group.
A child should not be referred solely because they have particular diagnosis, the child needs to present with functional difficulties which can be addressed to help them reach their full potential.
We do not accept referrals for children with:
- Back pain, joint and muscles aches and pains as the only reason for referral
- Juvenile chronic arthritis
- Chronic fatigue
- Medically unexplained illness
- Respiratory difficulties
- Anxiety and separation issues
- Sensory integration treatment
- Pica, and behavioural eating difficulties.
On completion, please return to:
Community Paediatric Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy
1st Floor – East Point
10 Nottingham Road
Tel: 01332 888080
Extensions: 88371 / 88309 / 88308
Fax: 01332 888122